The Acer Nitro AN515-54 is a workstation laptop with a 15.6″ Full HD IPS anti-glare display with GTX 1650, which offers great detail and clarity. It also has a fast i5 or i7 processor, giving great multitasking ability. The Acer Nitro AN515-54 has 2 RAM slots, so if you plan on adding more RAM to your laptop, you will need to be aware of the 1 x 8GB DDR4 2666MHz SODIMMs that this model comes equipped with.
Can I Upgrade Acer Nitro AN515-54 RAM and SSD?
yes, You can install up to 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMMs modules in Acer Nitro AN515-54. The absolute max for this laptop is 32GB (2x16GB) at 2666MHz. Please note that 2400MHz is not the absolute fastest ram speed it can take, you can put 2666MHZ RAM MAX. Also, please remember to buy a reliable replacement for this laptop., which you can ensure by using our free web service.
Upgrade configuration is 2 x 8GB for 16GB or 2 x 16GB for 32GB or 2 x 32GB for 64GB 2666MHz.
Regarding SSD storage, there are 2 SSD slots and the maximum you can have installed in your Acer Nitro AN515-54 is a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD on each slot Drive, and 1TB SATA SSD for your extra storage.
Compatible RAM With AN515-54
Compatible SSD With AN515-54
Compatibility is assured using our system.
How to ADD RAM and SSD to Acer Nitro AN515-54?
Before adding any new parts to your laptop, please remove the AC/DC power adapter. This is so that you can ground yourself when doing the installation. Follow these steps:
1. On the left-hand side of your Acer Nitro AN515-54 laptop, right above the keyboard, is a row of screws; remove those using a Philips screwdriver.
2. Once the screws are out, gently lift the top cover over your keyboard and turn it upside down to face you with all its components exposed.
3. You can easily access your laptop’s SODIMM memory slots right below the palm rest.
4. Remove both of your current memory DIMMs by gently pulling them out of their sockets, making sure not to touch any of the chips used for heat dissipation. You can also use a pair of tweezers to pull out the DIMMs if you wish.
5. Once your current memory DIMMs are removed, you can insert the new modules into their respective slots, ensuring they are facing the same direction as before to properly make contact with their sockets.
6. Install the new modules into their respective sockets, ensuring that they are properly seated and facing the way they are to avoid damage to your laptop’s motherboard.
7. Slide your laptop back over the cover and replace the screws in their respective holes to secure it back in place.
How many RAM slots does Acer AN515-54 have?
Your laptop has 2 SODIMM slots you can use. You can only have 2 modules of DDR4 installed at a time, and you will need to remove both of your existing modules to add more.
What are the Benefits of upgrading a laptop's RAM and SSD?
An SSD Drive is a solid-state drive that offers many benefits to your laptop’s performance. Installing an SSD will greatly benefit the overall performance of your laptop and allow you to enjoy the enhanced responsiveness they are designed for. Installing an SSD will not only speed up how fast you can boot up your Acer Nitro AN515-54 laptop, but it will also allow you to launch and run more applications at once.
What type of RAM is compatible with this Acer Nitro AN515-54 and why?
Your laptop’s memory DIMM sockets are designed for DDR4 2666MHz SODIMMs. You can only install 2 modules of PC4-19200 DDR4 SODIMMs. Your laptop will only be compatible with 8GB/16GB/32GB of DDR4, 2666MHz RAM. They are compatible because your RAM slots are dual-channel, so the type and speed of memory you install in your Acer Nitro AN515-54 will be identical in channels 1 and 2.
What type of SSD is compatible with this Acer Nitro AN515-54 and why?
1. Acer Nitro AN515-54 supports 30mm long and this crucial SSD is 30mm long in size.
2. This laptop has M.2 slot for SSD and this SSD is a M.2 type which makes it compatible.
3. This laptop uses NVMe type SSD and this crucial SSD is a NVMe Gen 4 SSD which makes it compatible with this laptop.
SSD Speed is 6600MB read and 5000MB write per seconds.
The Acer Nitro AN515-54 laptop comes with an NVMe SSD slot, which we have confirmed is compatible. The SATA slot on your motherboard also allows you to install a 2TB [SSD] boot drive or a 1TB [HDD] for general storage of your photos, videos, and music.