Can I Upgrade Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB RAM and SSD?
The answer to this question is yes, In fact, if you choose to do so, you can upgrade your random access memory and your solid-state drive at the same time
You can install up to DDR5 4800MHz SODIMMs modules with Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB. The absolute max for this laptop is 32GB at 4800MHz (recommended). Please note that 4800MHz is not the absolute fastest ram speed it can take, you can put 5600MHZ RAM MAX. Also, remember to buy a reliable and Compatible replacement for this laptop, which you can ensure by using our free web service.
if you want to upgrade the RAM in your ASUS ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB, here is what the manufacturers of ASUS recommend:
- 2 X 16GB For 32 GB DDR5 4800MHz
- 2 X 8GB For 16GB DDR5 4800MHz
Regarding SSD storage, If you are upgrading your SSD, you will need to buy a M. 2 NVMe solid-state drive. The storage space on these drives can range from 250GB to 2TB.
The Max capacity for storage is 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD (2TB on each Slot).
Compatible RAM With Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB
Compatible SSD With Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB
Compatibility is assured using our Web service.
How to install RAM and SSD to Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB?
Installing RAM and SSD in your ROG STRIX G814JI-BS91-CB LAPTOP does not have to be a difficult task to do. Since the manufacturers of this laptop have designed its specifications for more RAM and storage capabilities, you can make this type of upgrade using the steps listed below.
Step 1. Collect the Parts Required: RAM and SSD
Before you start an upgrade to your laptop, you’ll need to gather all the necessary tools and components that are needed For instance, to open your laptop without any unnecessary problems, here are the 2 tools and the other components that will be required.
- 0 Phillips head screwdriver
- A thin piece of plastic or a guitar pick
- RAM that is compatible with ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB (i.e. 4800MHz CL22 at 1.2V)
- M.2 NVMe solid-state drive, or SSD (i.e. ranging from 250GB to 2TB )
Step 2: Open up the Laptop for the installation
- On top of a soft surface, place your laptop face down to prevent scratches.
- Use your Phillips head screwdriver to remove all of the screws at the bottom of the case.
- After all of the screws have been removed, use your guitar pick/thin plastic to remove the bottom panel of the laptop.
Step 3: Install each component (RAM and SSD)
To install your new RAM and SSD,
- install a 2nd SSD in the slot below the top slot.
- Install the RAM / new memory near the center of the motherboard.
Step 4: Boot up the laptop
After you have installed the RAM and the SSD, press the power button to boot up the laptop. If these components have been seated properly, the upgrade is complete.
How many RAM slots does Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB have?
Your laptop has 2 SODIMM slots you can use. You can only have 2 modules of DDR5 installed at a time.
Do i need to replace my old RAM?
you will need to remove your existing modules if your old RAM MHz is not the same. for example, if your previous RAM was 4800MHZ and you are installing 5600MHz RAM. then you need to change RAM old RAM and replace it with a new 5600MHZ RAM to match it with the second RAM.
What are the Benefits of upgrading a laptop's RAM and SSD?
There are many great benefits to upgrading your RAM and your SSD. Two of the most important are an increase in speed and storage space, specifically for those who need extreme performance as gamers and export enthusiasts
An SSD Drive is a solid-state drive that offers many benefits to your laptop’s performance. Installing an SSD will greatly benefit the overall performance and fast boot time of your laptop and grant you to enjoy the enhanced responsiveness they are designed for.
after Upgrading RAM you can open and run more programs at the same time, as well as allow for better multitasking. it will also make running large tasks or games smoother.
What type of RAM is compatible with this ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB and why?
Before you decide to upgrade your laptop with additional RAM, you should know a little more about the specifics of these kinds of upgrades. For instance, you need to know exactly which type of RAM is considered to be compatible and which ones will not work at all.
Your laptop will only be compatible with 8GB/16GB/32GB of DDR5 4800MHz RAM. They are compatible because your RAM slots are dual-channel, so the type and speed of memory you install in your Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB will be identical in channels 1 and 2. This laptop Supports 2 SODIMM memory modules.
- Install Up to DDR5 4800MHz SODIMMs Modules
- For the fastest or max speeds for this laptop, manufacturers recommended 32GB at 4800mhz
for best performance, it is recommended to use 2 identical RAMs of the same type and speed
What type of SSD is compatible with this ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB and why?
M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSDs are designed to be compatible with motherboards that have a PCIe Gen4-compatible M.2 slot. The Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB is a laptop that has a PCIe Gen4-compatible M.2 slot, which means that it should be compatible with M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSDs.
1. Asus ROG Strix G814JI-BS91-CB Supports 30mm long and this crucial SSD is 30mm long in size.
2. This laptop has M.2 slot for SSD and this SSD is an M.2 type which makes it compatible.
3. This laptop uses PCIe Gen 4 NVMe type SSD and this crucial SSD is an NVMe Gen 4 SSD which makes it compatible with this laptop.
SSD Speed is 6600MB read and 5000MB write per second.