Can I Upgrade Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD RAM and SSD?
yes, You can install up to DDR4 2666MHz SODIMMs modules with Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD. The absolute max for this laptop is 32GB at 3200MHz (recommended). Please note that 2666MHz is not the absolute fastest ram speed it can take, you can put 3200MHZ RAM MAX. Also, remember to buy a reliable and Compatible replacement for this laptop, which you can ensure by using our free web service.
The Upgrade configuration is 2 x 8GB for 16GB or 2 x 16GB for 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz.
Regarding SSD storage, there are 2 SSD slots and the maximum you can have installed in your Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD is a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD on each slot.
Compatible RAM With Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD
Compatible SSD With Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD
Compatibility is assured using our Web service.
How to install RAM and SSD to Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD?
- Before adding any new parts to your laptop, Shut down your Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD laptop and unplug it from any power source.
- Remove the battery from the laptop. This will help to prevent any accidental power surges that could damage the laptop or cause injury.
- Flip the laptop over and locate the RAM compartment cover. This is typically located on the bottom of the laptop and may be secured with one or more screws.
- Use a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws that secure the RAM compartment cover. Once the screws are removed, lift the cover off of the laptop.
- Gently lift the RAM module(s) out of the laptop. They will be seated in slots on the motherboard.
- Carefully align the new RAM module(s) with the slots on the motherboard. Make sure that the notched end of the RAM module lines up with the notch in the slot.
- Slide your laptop back over the cover and replace the screws in their respective holes to secure it back in place.
How many RAM slots does Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD have?
Your laptop has 2 SODIMM slots you can use. You can only have 2 modules of DDR4 installed at a time.
Do i need to replace my old RAM?
you will need to remove your existing modules if your old RAM MHz is not the same. for example, if your previous RAM was 2666MHZ and you are installing 3200MHz RAM. then you need to change RAM old RAM and replace it with a new 3200MHZ RAM to match it with the second RAM.
What are the Benefits of upgrading a laptop's RAM and SSD?
An SSD Drive is a solid-state drive that offers many benefits to your laptop’s performance. Installing an SSD will greatly benefit the overall performance of your laptop and allow you to enjoy the enhanced responsiveness they are designed for. Installing an SSD will not only speed up how fast you can boot up your Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD laptop, but it will also allow you to launch and run more applications at once.
What type of RAM is compatible with this Asus TUF A15 and why?
Your laptop’s memory DIMM sockets are designed for DDR4 3200MHz SODIMMs. You can only install 2 modules of PC4-21300 DDR4 SODIMMs. Your laptop will only be compatible with 8GB/16GB/32GB of DDR4, 3200MHz RAM. They are compatible because your RAM slots are dual-channel, so the type and speed of memory you install in your Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD will be identical in channels 1 and 2.
What type of SSD is compatible with this Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD and why?
1. Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD Supports 30mm long and this crucial SSD is 30mm long in size.
2. This laptop has M.2 slot for SSD and this SSD is an M.2 type which makes it compatible.
3. This laptop uses PCIe Gen 4 NVMe type SSD and this crucial SSD is an NVMe Gen 4 SSD which makes it compatible with this laptop.
SSD Speed is 6600MB read and 5000MB write per second.